Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Updates and Ava Grace

Thought I would give everyone who has emailed me about the last two entries an update.
First of all, my middle son is just FINE. The emphasis on FINE. Young blood and anti ven does wonders against nasty copperheads. He is still sore, but everything is looking better and he feels like himself for the most part.

Another update: My oldest son Paul doesn't realize the full extent of all of your votes, but I DO! Thanks dear ones. This Mommyheart is duly proud of her first born. He is just now back in the states after a trip to Europe, so I am waiting to hear his voice.


Now for Ava Grace and her story . . .




I have a friend who became a grandmother this past February. This child is her first and only granddaughter.
On February 12, 2007, a little Angel was born. Her name is Ava Grace. She was born with Pfeiffer Syndrome which is a genetic disorder ~ it is very rare, and requires many surgeries

The Humble Arts is a group of gals who sell their wonderful handmade goodies and I am proud to call them my friends. We feel blessed to have the opportunity to pull our talents together to help a precious child. We are currently creating angel dolls in honor of Ava Grace. We will be putting angel dolls and other handmade angel items up for auction after Labor Day this September. I ask that you look at these auctions with the eyes of one who knows that . . . "there but by the grace of God, go I." All the proceeds from these auctions will go to help defray some of the expenses of the surgeries.


Here is our angel after several surgeries.

The Humble Arts has had a page about Ava Grace for a few months now and we have been so encouraged and blessed by the emails and outpouring of hearts touched by this little Angel.
Stay tuned for updates!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ava Grace really is a miracle baby. Her condition is obviously extremely rare - as a former midwife, I have never heard of this syndrome before.

Glad to hear that your son is o.k. Blondie, I just read about his experience with the snake!

Good Luck with the auction...no, I won't give the plot of Harry Potter away!

Marie x

Countryfolk Keepsakes said...

Blondie darlin', I am truly honored to participate in these auctions for Ava Grace. This very special child has touched my heart. I continue to pray for her and her family.
~Peanut

LoveThePrimLook said...

Blondie, Ava Grace is such a beautiful little angel. Good luck with the auction and God Bless you girls for helping out !!!

Angie

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.