Monday, July 16, 2007

Blue Ribbon Blueberry Muffins




I have had this recipe for so long, I can't remember when I tweaked it to create the muffins that my family drools for. I do know that when I did, I entered the muffins in a county fair back in the day and won a blue ribbon for my efforts. These are easy and quick to make:

Blondie's Blue Ribbon Blueberry Muffins

6 tbsp butter
2/3 cup sugar

1 3/4 cup all purpose flour
1 tbsp baking powder
1 egg
1/2 cup milk
1 tsp lemon extract
1/2 tsp vanilla
1 cup blueberries

Cream together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add the other ingredients one at a time, blending each one. Add the berries at the last.
Scoop into muffin liners or tin.
Bake at 375 oven for 25-30 minutes until nicely browned.

GLAZE:
2 tbsp buttermilk
1 tbsp butter
2 tbsp lemon juice
1 tsp lemon extract
2 1/2 c confectioner sugar
blend all together and spoon over warm muffins. Slurp the rest down with a spoon and a warm cuppa joe.

No comments: