Wednesday, August 22, 2007

A few of My favorite Things



From Pennsylvania Amish Country



A few weeks back when I went to Pennsyvlania, I found some really neat things. They are pictured above. I found a neat hooked chair pad -
I figure it is from the 20-s or 30's; I think of all the hours someone took finding just the right shade from their rag bag to make this inviting cushion to sit up0n at the dining room table. At $9.00 it was a gotta get it right now buy; there is more than that amount in the wool by today's standard! I enjoy hooking; mainly work it in the winter months, when I can sit with the frame in my lap and just hook away.


This old wooden stirrup was on a table for $1.00 ! Now, don't get excited thinking that I ride horses. Nope, but I can sure see this as a napkin holder on my kitchen table!



Now this last picture is nothing really old or valuable. I just have a thing for baskets of any kind. I love this little thing. I am thinking of making a doll and some little clothes for her and filling this little wicker hamper with it.



I found a few other little items that I really love to collect; they are little planters. I will post pics of them soon.

9 comments:

Robin Leuschen said...

I love all your Goodies !!! My "dream" is to go on a road trip all over here in Pa., and just stop in all the small little towns , just to see what I can see and hopefully pick up some wonderful Primitive or antique items.... Ahhhhh...someday....
And Thank you sooo much for your wonderful comments on my Blog...your words have brought a smile to my face and lifted my spirits....God Bless Ya !!!!!
Robin

Dixie Redmond said...

Your blog is looking really good!

Anonymous said...

Hi Blondie

What a lovely idea to make a doll and clothes and add to that pretty basket.

Marie x

Amy said...

Wow! Thanks for doing "Fantasy Family" at my place! I loved it lots!!!! Wowee!
Amy

Countryfolk Keepsakes said...

Oooooh! I love it all but that wooden stirrup is fantastic! I would have had to thumb wrestle ya for that one. ;)
~Peanut

Blondie ~ Vintage Primitives said...

Hey Peanut - look over here -
NaNiNani boo boo! (blondie sticking our her tongue with her hands in her ears.)

Anonymous said...

"Yeah", i can leave you comments now!! Love all your finds they are neat vintage like, Blondie!!
Hugs,
Jeannene

Amy said...

Thanks for all your great comments you leave for me.
No, I didn't cry tears when Nicholas went to school all day. Well...maybe tears of joy. Maybe that's selfish. Please don't hate me. Please?

I think your finds from Amish country are great!!!
Amy

Unknown said...

OooH Blondie I LOVE LOVE LOVE that chair pad!!!! Thats a Yummy yum!!!!!! GREAT finds!!!!!!!

Hugs,
Jackie