Wednesday, August 22, 2007

A few of My favorite Things



From Pennsylvania Amish Country



A few weeks back when I went to Pennsyvlania, I found some really neat things. They are pictured above. I found a neat hooked chair pad -
I figure it is from the 20-s or 30's; I think of all the hours someone took finding just the right shade from their rag bag to make this inviting cushion to sit up0n at the dining room table. At $9.00 it was a gotta get it right now buy; there is more than that amount in the wool by today's standard! I enjoy hooking; mainly work it in the winter months, when I can sit with the frame in my lap and just hook away.


This old wooden stirrup was on a table for $1.00 ! Now, don't get excited thinking that I ride horses. Nope, but I can sure see this as a napkin holder on my kitchen table!



Now this last picture is nothing really old or valuable. I just have a thing for baskets of any kind. I love this little thing. I am thinking of making a doll and some little clothes for her and filling this little wicker hamper with it.



I found a few other little items that I really love to collect; they are little planters. I will post pics of them soon.

9 comments:

Robin said...

I love all your Goodies !!! My "dream" is to go on a road trip all over here in Pa., and just stop in all the small little towns , just to see what I can see and hopefully pick up some wonderful Primitive or antique items.... Ahhhhh...someday....
And Thank you sooo much for your wonderful comments on my Blog...your words have brought a smile to my face and lifted my spirits....God Bless Ya !!!!!
Robin

Dixie Redmond said...

Your blog is looking really good!

Wild Rose said...

Hi Blondie

What a lovely idea to make a doll and clothes and add to that pretty basket.

Marie x

Amy Wagner said...

Wow! Thanks for doing "Fantasy Family" at my place! I loved it lots!!!! Wowee!
Amy

Countryfolk Keepsakes said...

Oooooh! I love it all but that wooden stirrup is fantastic! I would have had to thumb wrestle ya for that one. ;)
~Peanut

Blondie ~ Vintage Primitives said...

Hey Peanut - look over here -
NaNiNani boo boo! (blondie sticking our her tongue with her hands in her ears.)

Jeannene said...

"Yeah", i can leave you comments now!! Love all your finds they are neat vintage like, Blondie!!
Hugs,
Jeannene

Amy Wagner said...

Thanks for all your great comments you leave for me.
No, I didn't cry tears when Nicholas went to school all day. Well...maybe tears of joy. Maybe that's selfish. Please don't hate me. Please?

I think your finds from Amish country are great!!!
Amy

Plain-n-Simple! said...

OooH Blondie I LOVE LOVE LOVE that chair pad!!!! Thats a Yummy yum!!!!!! GREAT finds!!!!!!!

Hugs,
Jackie