Monday, October 4, 2010

Can you help me out?

Hey folksies
Don't want to let October slip away without at least an update or two.  Right at the present time I am enjoying the crisp fall weather that has swept my part of the world.  Hope it remains cool - not ready for winter yet but fall is definitely my most favorite time of year.

For any of you who quilt or know quilt histories, I am on a quest.  Below is an image of an old quilt that was gifted to me some years back.  It has long been the object of my affection, not quite shabby enough to be a cutter yet, but oh so beckoning with it's loveliness.
Can any of you tell me anything about the pattern used here:

 This isn't a huge quilt; the blocks themselves are only about 14 inches squared each.  The small squares are approx. 1/2 in each. 
Such a lovely piece of history and I would love to know more of it.  Can you help?

2 comments:

Miss Hillbilly said...

I have been poking around your blog today as I've had time to do that, and i've enjoyed myself!!

Did you send this to Barbara Brackman? I see you follow her. You could even post this blog to her comments. She is busy; and might not answer, but worth a try.

I have a blog scheduled on Thursday that I think you'll like. Its very patriotic. Hugs ~hillbilly~

Blondie ~ Vintage Primitives said...

Hey my Hillbilly Friend
I did sent to B.B. and realizing that she is one busy chickie, have not even thought of posting to her blog in comments.
Looking forward to your post.
Big hugs
Blondie