Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Never bored

Hello Folksies
I am never bored.  I cannot remember a time in my life when I have been bored.  Oh wait, I have been bored with people, tv, music, that kind of boredom but with my own self? Nope. This is recently being tested because  my sewing machine DIED on me.  I thought it only needed a good D and C.  Nope.  I was patient, cooed sweet nothings to her . . . nada . . . opened her up again and did another clean sweep and a teensy more oil . . . nada.  Rather than scream a steady stream of profanities at her,  (which would have felt so much  better than it sounded),  I carried her to the repair shop.  That was 2 weeks ago.  She is having issues with her timing.  I understand that it is a common enough ailment.  I would like to know HOW it happened so if it was me, I wouldn't do it again.
But boredom.  Hmmm.  Everything I do requires some modicum of sewing.  I even sew my paper crafting stuff.  I know, I am odd.
I finally pulled an old cutter quilt out of the cupboard and proceeded to make lavender filled  sachets, little hearts to hang in a garland and or alone in the windows. 


 I also decided to piece some old shirts into another quilt.


simple squares set on point with hand stitching in my favored multi colored threads. 

I have also made some paper hearts and cut out all sorts of stuff and even cleaned up my studio a bit.
I am not bored.  I am lonesome.  For my babylock.  Wah.

5 comments:

Bobbie said...

oh sweetie if i lived closer to you and not on the other side of the planet i would whisk my 2nd machine around to you in an instant ... you poor thing ... fancy having to tidy your studio ... that is just terrible ... hope your most loved babylock is home soon ... until then keep chopping up those cutter quilts and stop cleaning and tidying up .. you will give the rest of us bad names .... lol ...

love and hugs ...

Blondie ~ Vintage Primitives said...

Bobbie
I am hoping to have my babylock back tomorrow! Oh the joy that is keeping me awake! And don't worry about the housekeeping. That urge wore off very quickly, hehehe

aaaandreaaaa said...

Oh so sorry to hear of your sewing machine troubles. Also, I love your Gracie. I have a Gracie too. Hugs.

Lana Manis said...

Dear Miss Blondie ~ I LOVE your hearts!!! And I owe you an email... I haven't forgotten... I am just behind as usual and hope to catch up over the next week. (((HUGS))) Lana

Barbara said...

Love your quilting. I imagine having a sewing machine out of service so long for a 'sewer' is something like a computer being crashed for someone like me!