Sunday, January 8, 2012

First project of the New Year completed

Hello Folksies
I have just completed a smallish quilt for a friend's daughter.  She is undergoing treatment for an aggressive form of leukemia.  Little Heaven is 12 years old and since being diagnosed over Thanksgiving time, has been thrown into the battlefield.  Tomorrow she is scheduled to go to the hospital.  I quickly pieced together this coin style quilty and finished up the hand quilting Thursday night, the binding Friday night.  I will be carrying it over to their house hopefully this afternoon.


For the hand quilting, I drew circle all over and stitched them.  It was a lot of fun to do that.  Kinda wished I had done multi color floss but you know how my mind works.  I am happy with this quilt and expect the prayers said with each piece and stitch to bring a harvest of blessings for Heaven and her family.


10 comments:

Debra said...

It is a beautiful quilt! I am sure it will help comfort her.

Unknown said...

How beautiful! And what a thoughtful person you are. Big hugs and I'll be praying for her and her family.

Blondie ~ Vintage Primitives said...

Thanks Debra and Jill
I was able to get to Heaven's house this afternoon for a brief visit. I think she really liked the quilt. She is a very precious and shy young girl. Thanks for your prayers.

Donna said...

Such a comfort that will be to her! Oh, it breaks my heart for children to be so sick. I will be praying for her.

Lenie from the Netherlands said...

Dear Blondie, your heart is so big! The quilt is beautiful, and I hope it will help Heaven through this all. My heart breaks to hear about kids being so ill. My youngest son is 12 too.

Lenie

Liv said...

Lovely quilt, I hope she makes a full recovery I will say prayers for her!

Michelle said...

How beautiful! Sorry I just got over here to see it! You did a great job! I know it will bring Heaven a lot of comfort. You are a wonderful person to put so much time and effort into a quilt for her! ((Hugs))

primitive ole frugal mumma said...

prayers for Heaven ,and im sure this Quilt will bring her comfort its beautiful!

Blessings Heidi :-)

Grama's Gourds and Primitives L.Akin said...

Thanks for peaking in on my blog...I just saw the comment I will be in Create & Decorate again in the August issue. It is encouraging to know that someone sees and recognizes your items. Love your blog!!!! I'm pinning it so I don't loose it :)

Debi Weaver said...

Check out: http://debi-peacebypiece.blogspot.com/

I nominated your blog as a winner for the Liebster Award.

Hope you enjoy!
Love, Debitransit