Sunday, December 5, 2010

First Snowfall of this Season

Yesterday early afternoon while I was still at work, the snow started falling.  When I left to come home there was already close to 3 inches.  Northern visitors, that is a LOT for this area, this early in the season.  This morning the sun is out, the wind is blowing and I reckon it will fade the snow.  Confidentially speaking, I am hoping it is gone by Monday morning.  We do not need a snow day yet.  Good grief.  If hubs is home, I NEVER get much done.  Why is that?

Still not ready for Christmas.  I tell you, I have had the hardest time keeping up with TIME this year.   I haven't been able to capture it,  hold on to it  ~  and wait, hold the presses, here is a flash for you  ~  I haven't been able to make it stand still!  So, while the roads are still slick, and I can't really get out anywhere, I will just go downstairs, play with Dinah Kitty and sew.  Those gifties don't sew themselves.

Be blessed this day.



12 comments:

Miss Hillbilly said...

Good to hear from you.
I hope all is well. You can just keep the snow your way and don't send it mine. We lived in southern MO for two years and hardly got snow. Now we live in northern MO. Last year this area got buckets and buckets of snow. I do not look forward to it.
It is 13 degrees outside right now. That is yuck too.
Blessings and hugs!

Unknown said...

Brrrr Blondie - hope you stay warm. It's not too bad here today - in the 40s but very windy so it feels colder. Just keep that snow on up your way darlin'!

Snugglebug Blessings said...

Don't you live in North Carolina? I don't know but wow snow already. Even though it can be trouble, it can also be beautiful. It is peaceful to me and makes me feel warm and snuggly inside. I head up to the craft room or pick up a book to read and I think it helps us to rest our weary bones. But I sure do hate driving in the stuff, LOL! God bless. Cathy

Donna said...

Sounds like a wonderful way to spend a snowy day...
Enjoy it!
hughugs

Quiltaholic said...

WOW! BEAUTIFUL!

Lisa Johnson said...

Wish I was there with you having coffee. Miss you!

Lee Prairie Designs said...

Beautiful picture of your lovely snow. Hope you are all cozy inside looking outside! Or maybe you might sneak outside and make a snow angel!

:) Carolyn

Unknown said...

Miss Blondie, Hope you are stayin' warm!!

Countryfolk Keepsakes said...

Keeping you close in prayer. ♥
~Peanut

Donna said...

Merry Christmas sweetie! Hope all is getting better for you!!
hughugs

Liv said...

I hope that the latest snow storm is not causing you and yours too much grief. I wish you a Happy 2011 from Ireland

Amy said...

Love your southern snow....you know this is my favorite time of the year. Bring on the northern most Ohio snow!! Yippee!!! Of course even my fellow Ohioans think I am crazy!!!
Amy