Monday, September 12, 2011

Middle Monday of the Month

I don't know about you, but, I tend to get excited at this time of year. I am grooving on the cooler mornings and evenings. I mean open the windows up and pull up a light quilt excited! I mean, the leaves are going to be changing their clothes color soon excited! Sure, the days are still hot as blue blazes but Oh How I Love Fall! And Autumn! Whatever you call it, for me it also means getting some of my houseplants which have been enjoying the fresh air all spring and summer ready to come back inside. It also means that some of the rootings I have been working on will be put in new containers.

I am never quite ready for any season, except in my mind. You know me ~ I have the most productive mind ~ just don't always get the rest of me in gear. Well, this morning as I was cleaning the kitchen, I plucked the coffee can my hubs placed in the garbage can out. I decided I could use it as a holding planter for a rooting or two.

Now this has been done for years, so I am not as original as you may think. hehehe

Here's what I did:

Start with a coffee can


poke a few holes in the bottom. Can you tell I didn't use a hammer? I worked out all the caffeine buzz just whacking the heckfire shoot with a flat head screwdriver. Use a hammer unless you have had your coffee or spinach for the day


Here is the fun part. Purchase some shelf paper rolls (or book cover roll as it is called in some areas). Measure it out - so easy peasy because it already has a grid to mark and cut!

Now you are ready to roll! The backing peels off so nicely. If you take your time, you won't get air bubbles or wrinkles, either.


Isn't this just too cutesy?


Tada! By next spring this little pot will be overflowing with more growth.

Have a fun day!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wanted to thank you for your link up at my blog for the tumbling block video.. really makes the process seem so easy.. Now to find that triangle template.

I love your coffee can "pot". I've done that many times.. nothing like hammering out all those extra sips of coffee.

Granny Judy

Bobbie said...

great idea for a planter pot ... and very cost effective ... thanks for sharing ... xxx

Shaheen said...

Its so fab how you just transformed that jar to something more appealing. I hope to be doing somehthing similar when I move home for the garden.

coffeebreak said...

Very nice.... isn't it funny tho...I used that same pattern of paper to line my pantry shelves in my kitchen. Small world...