Sunday, February 20, 2011

Why I like to be in Block Swaps


I am in a few block swaps for quilting. They are like potato chips and popcorn. Can't do just one. They are compelling, intriguing, obsessive and a wonderful way to build your UFO stash and also meet some new personalities.

The other day I received these loverly blocks from cyber sis Mary. She is quite a talented lady and is even more prolific! I am honored to have been her swap partner this past month!

I began participating in the Block Lotto last month and while I haven't hit their lottery as a winner of blocks, I have more than enjoyed making the blocks for others to enjoy.
Here are January's Bright Stacks that were sent off to a winner:

And here are February's String Hearts waiting to be sent off:


This month is also the first month of a new blog block swap at Barn Door Swap I made two blocks to send off to Merry Olde England to my partner.


I am a member of MSQC and will soon be getting some wonderful Dresdens in the mail. I made 26 assorted to share:

Each one of these swaps and many others out there in blogland love to have new members. You don't have to be professional or even be very experienced. It is all about the sharing, growing, learning. You should be punctual and also be able to communicate with your swap partner(s). If you have been thinking of trying to learn to quilt or at least make a few blocks to see if you like it, look around the blogging neighborhood to find your fit.

2 comments:

Miss Hillbilly said...

Oh, my soul sister...I found a way that we are NOT alike.

I would NEVER attempt to purposely build a UFO stash.

Sounds like you are having a great time meeting new friends!

Cora from Hidden Riches said...

I'm drooling!!!! I've never quilted, but you just made me want to quilt more than anything else in this world!!!!! It's on my bucket list!