Monday, July 19, 2010

Almost completed

I have been spending spare moments when I am not in the garden making a new quilt for this winter.  Making a decision to use all my scraps earlier this year seemed daunting.  I wanted a quick quilt that didn't require a lot of little brain cells busting.  I prefer foundation piecing for the most part, so it was only natural that I settled on a string quilt.  Scrappy quilts are my most favorite and this quilt is certainly that!  I chose to sash each block set with black fabric which sets off the serendipity of colors quite well. 


For the sheer fun of whimsy I did an occasional applique of flowers to remind me of my summer season.



 This will be a quite generous queen size quilt.  Quite selfishly I decided I wanted a big enough quilt for those three dog nights when Luscious Larry grabs the covers up, he will have to tug quite a lot to take up my share of the warmth! ha!  All that is left now is to attach the backing.  I will enjoy the handwork after sitting at the machine.

8 comments:

Whimsey Creations said...

Beautiful Blondie!

Donna said...

It is gorgeous! That is so smart of you on the design and the size (LOL). And where have you been?! Oh I know, busy with the folks, the yard, work, and life in general. I miss you, sweetie!

KKJD1 said...

That is awesome work! I sure wish I lived closer so you could show me how to quilt, I cant find anyone around here that knows how to do it, isn't that terrible. I know you will surely enjoy the finished product! Blessings,Karen

Back in the Woods said...

Beautifully done! love the flower applique's, added touch!
miss you too! hugs

Plain-n-Simple! said...

Looks really warm and comfy!!!!!!!!!!!!!Lucky you, still have not learned how to quilt!!!!!
Hugs,
Jackie

Grama's Gourds and Primitives Linda Akin said...

Love your blog! I saw that you were following me on FB and I thought I would peak in on your blog! I so want to step into your garden and help with the pickin...hehe! Have a blessed and wonderful day.

Linda

FairHaven said...

Oh that is so awesome,wish I could make quilts.I can do very simple quilting,but you girls who can do that are awesome. :)

Khris said...

Fantastic Blondie...love it....I am working on a string quilt too...hugs Khris