Tuesday, March 23, 2010

So much for promises

Hi Folksies
February marched into March with loads of weather we are not accustomed to here in my little area of the world.  We had snow on the ground from December 18 until just over a week ago!  Wow, I never thought I would be tired of the snow.  I like it best I think when it is a short lived novelty!

The Humble Arts has had a complete makeover and we are all pretty pleased with the results.  Each artist is able to update their own page anytime!  Be sure and check each girl out often for their updates.

I had quite a shock last week - I had emergency surgery to remove my gall bladder.  I had been sick with various symptoms for a LONG time and had various complaints but never put two and two together.  I thought I had acid reflux, pulled muscles, and all sorts of other things wrong with me (you know I have a very vain imagination) for quite a long time.  When all the symptoms started ganging up on me all at once, I knew that something was wrong.  Being me, I googled every symptom and decided it was my gall bladder.  I tried to fix it with a low fat diet.  Even that didn't work.  So when I had another round of relentless attacks, my dear daughter brought me to the ER in the middle of the night.  By the next morning, the gall bladder was out and in no time they shuffled me out and home.  I have to admit that I had forgotten how good it is to really feel good!  Just in time for Spring!

Yes, spring is finally making her appearance.  I am noticing my forsythia is now in full bloom!  YAY.  What a wonderful herald of spring.   I have several bushes just singing out their beauty, waving their arms in joy.  I love to walk around the property looking for other shows of new life springing up.  What a glorious time of year, to be sure!

There is a lot of clean up to do around here - and I am feeling up to it!  Hand me a rake, a trowel and a pair of knee pads and pretty soon, everything will be just the way I like it. 

Hope that you will also be soon having your own backyard spring festival!

5 comments:

Snugglebug Blessings said...

Hi Blondie,

How nice it is to see you posting again. I'm sure you feel like a million bucks now that your gallblatter is removed. I hated that pain, ugh! Had mine removed about 9 yrs ago. Spring is so glorious but we have very few things budding here yet. But the weather is warm. Enjoy each day, Spring is like a breath of fresh air isn't it. God bless, Cathy

Donna said...

I am so glad that Sarah carted you off to the hospital so that you could finally be well! I hope that you enjoy a glorious spring. After the winter you've had, you deserve it!

Unknown said...

Oh Blondie - sorry to hear you were ill - glad you had that taken out! Mine left me in 2003 - after having 3 attacks I went to the surgeon and said "DO IT NOW!" LOL Jack had emergency surgery for his gall bladder year before last - we thought he was having a heart attack. Never had a moments pain before that day and it turned out to be gangrenous - yuck! Your yard is just beautiful. Happy Spring!

Kady said...

I'm so glad you're feeling better. Gall bladder pain is the worst! Stay well and enjoy your Spring!

CEDAR JUNCTION said...

So glad you are feeling better. Now you can really enjoy Spring!

Smiles,
Teresa